Secrets of the Library:
The Messenger Public Library was founded by Emeline Messenger in 1937, and continues to make a difference in the quality of life in North Aurora through a wide variety of services, programs and resources. Will you help us make a difference with a year-end gift this year? Click here for more information.
Library Closed Sunday, December 11
Library closed on Sunday December 11 - Overdue fines for items due on Sunday December 11 will be graced for the one day the Library is closed. Items on hold at the check-out desk will be held one extra day for pickup. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call and leave a message (630) 896-0240.
The National Weather Service in Chicago has issued a Winter Storm Warning for Cook, DuPage, Lake, and Will counties Saturday afternoon. The warning is in effect starting 6pm Saturday and lasts until 12am on December 12. During that time, the NWS expects “significant snowfall” starting Saturday evening and lasting through the weekend.
The heaviest totals are expected along north of I-88, where totals of 8″-12″ are expected by Sunday evening. South of I-88 to the I-80 corridor, totals of 6″ to 10″ are expected. The snow will cause decreased visibility and difficult driving conditions, so be careful on the roads. It’s expected to begin developing Saturday evening and then diminish by Sunday evening. Click here for more information.
- Sun Dec 11 Tween Book Club event details | register
- Fri Dec 16 Homeschool Fun: Winter Fun event details | register
- Tue Jan 03 Curious Kids: Alexander Calder Sculptures event details | register
- Sun Jan 08 Teen Book Club event details | register
- Sat Jan 14 Fairy Tale Art: A Painting Workshop - Art Club for Grownups event details | register
- Thu Jan 19 Read & Play Baby event details | register
- Thu Jan 26 Read & Play Baby event details | register
- Thu Feb 02 Read & Play Baby event details | register
- Tue Feb 07 Curious Kids: Science of Music event details | register
- Thu Feb 09 Read & Play Baby event details | register
View all upcoming events
The Library Board approved a contract and bid this fall with the L.J. Morse Construction Co. of Aurora Illinois to begin work on the West Wing Renovation Project. Kluber Architects and Engineers are under contract with the Library Board to oversee the construction work. Phase I of the project was completed in December 2016. Phase 2 of the project will start the first week of January and continue through the end of May 2017. Phase 2 will involve the creation of a new staff off desk work area and space, a new consolidated customer service point for staff and patron interaction, a renovated technology access space for library patrons, and a combined coffee bar and library browsing lounge area. During this construction phase staff will be assisting patrons at the new information desk and will be assisting patrons with the new self-check-out units at a new service counter. For more detailed information and updates as the project progresses, please click on the “Renovation” tab on our website.