We Value Your Opinion!
Please help us improve our website by taking this brief 11-question survey. Your input improves the how information is provided to you on our website. The survey only takes a few minutes, and all answers are confidential. Click here to participate.
Summer Reading is in Full Swing!
Summer Reading for all ages began June 1, and will continue until July 31, 2016. Logs are available at the Adult and Youth Services desks. Read for the win! It's easy to participate.
- Mon Jun 20 Basic Microsoft 2010 - Part 1 event details | register
- Wed Jun 22 Conversational English for Spanish Speakers event details | register
- Wed Jun 29 Conversational English for Spanish Speakers event details | register
- Wed Jul 06 Conversational English for Spanish Speakers event details | register
- Wed Jul 13 Conversational English for Spanish Speakers event details | register
- Thu Jul 14 AARP Smart Driver Safety - Part 1 CLASS IS FULL event details | register
- Fri Jul 15 AARP Smart Driver Safety - Part 2 CLASS IS FULL event details | register
- Wed Jul 20 Conversational English for Spanish Speakers event details | register
- Sat Jul 23 Healing Yoga CLASS IS FULL event details | register
- Mon Jul 25 Campfire Tales event details | register
View all upcoming events
The Library has partnered to bring Messenger Library cardholders free or discounted admission and other discounts to a variety of exciting museums and recreational facilities in the Chicago area. Library staff can assist you with selecting a museum by explaining the details for each pass, or you can see more information on the Museum Adventure Pass website. Stop in at the library’s Adult or Youth Services desks to pick up a pass for the museum or attraction of your choice. Passes are available on a first come, first served basis for North Aurora resident cardholders. Holds may not be placed on the passes. There are a limited number of passes for each museum or attraction, and each museum's page specifies dates when passes cannot be used or any other restrictions that may apply. Each pass is valid for one visit within 7 days from the date of issue. The Library can issue one museum pass per family, per loan period. When you visit your museum of choice, make sure to have your library card used to get the pass and a photo ID. Passes will be collected by the museum or attraction when you visit.
- Air Classic Inc. Museum of Aviation
- Bronzeville Children's Museum
- Brookfield Zoo (Chicago Zoological Society)
- Cantigny Park
- Chicago Botanic Garden
- Elgin History Museum
- Elgin Public Museum
- Illinois Railway Museum
- Lake County Discovery Museum
- Legoland Discovery Center
- Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art
- Mitchell Museum of the American Indian
- Naper Settlement
- Oriental Institute Museum
- Pleasant Home Foundation
- St. Charles Heritage Museum
- The Children's Museum in Oak Lawn