It is with great sadness that our community mourns the recent loss of longtime Messenger Public Library of North Aurora Trustee and Board Secretary, William “Bill” Middleton. If you would like to read his full obituary, click here.
Mr. Middleton’s family has requested that donations be made to the Library in his honor, through its Messenger Public Library of North Aurora Foundation Fund within the Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley.
Winter Reading Ends Soon - Stop in Today!
Winter Reading ends Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2017 at 9:00 pm. It is the last day to report reading and pick up winter reading prizes. Don't miss this opportunity to use your library card and spend cozy winter nights with a soft blanket, warm mug and a good book.
- Thu Feb 16 Trivia Night--CANCELED event details | register
- Thu Feb 23 Stories & STEAM event details | register
- Sun Mar 05 Teen Book Club event details | register
- Mon Mar 13 Genealogy Group event details | register
- Tue Mar 14 AARP Smart Driver Safety Class - Part 1 event details | register
- Mon Apr 10 Genealogy Group event details | register
- Tue Apr 11 AARP Smart Driver Safety Class - Part 1 event details | register
- Sun May 07 Teen Book Club event details | register
- Mon May 08 Genealogy Group event details | register
View all upcoming events
The Library Board approved a contract and bid this fall with the L.J. Morse Construction Co. of Aurora Illinois to begin work on the West Wing Renovation Project. Kluber Architects and Engineers are under contract with the Library Board to oversee the construction work. Phase I of the project was completed in December 2016. Phase 2 of the project will start the first week of January and continue through the end of May 2017. Phase 2 will involve the creation of a new staff off desk work area and space, a new consolidated customer service point for staff and patron interaction, a renovated technology access space for library patrons, and a combined coffee bar and library browsing lounge area. During this construction phase staff will be assisting patrons at the new information desk and will be assisting patrons with the new self-check-out units at a new service counter. For more detailed information and updates as the project progresses, please click on the “Renovation” tab on our website.