Items Due Today?
No problem! Any items eligible for renewal will be automatically renewed… If we have your email address we’ll let you know which items cannot be renewed two days prior to the due dates. Eligible items will be automatically renewed two days prior to the due date.
Fall 2015 Newsletter
Are you still waiting for the Messenger Fall 2015 Newsletter to arrive in the mail? The newletter is already available to read online. Click here to read it online or download a copy today!
We're Starting a Teen Advisory Board!
Want a leadership opportunity that will look great on college applications and resumes? Teens in grades 6-12 are welcome to join our Teen Advisory Board (TAB). This is an opportunity to have direct impact on what programs Messenger Library offers. The TAB will meet once a month to assist with Library programming and planning. We heard a rumor that there will be fun activities and snacks at the meetings as well. Go to our Teen Volunteer page for a link to the application. Fill out the application, and please return it to the Youth Services Department by August 31, 2015.
- Sat Aug 29 Boy Scouts Three Fire Council Meeting event details | register
- Sun Aug 30 LIBRARY CLOSED Sundays event details | register
- Mon Aug 31 Girl Scouts Of Northern Illinois Service Unit event details | register
- Mon Aug 31 Sierra Club Valley of the Fox Group Meeting event details | register
- Tue Sep 01 Fox Valley Writers Group event details | register
- Tue Sep 01 Northtowne Homeowners Association Meeting event details | register
- Wed Sep 02 Fairway View Homeowners Association Meeting event details | register
- Thu Sep 03 Aurora Barnstormers Group Meeting event details | register
- Thu Sep 03 Auroraland Archers event details | register
- Sun Sep 06 LIBRARY CLOSED Sundays event details | register
View all upcoming events
Did you know you can manage your Messenger library account with Shoutbomb? Shoutbomb is a service that allows you to renew eligible items, see available holds, view overdue notifications and will alert you when items will be due soon via text messaging.
All you need to use this service are a mobile phone and wireless service that allows you to receive and send text messages. You don't need a smartphone to take advantage of this service. There is no charge for this service, but standard texting rates will be applied by your cell phone's service provider.
You will need the barcode number on the back of your library card and the PIN associated with your account. (If you don't know your pin, contact the circulation desk at 630-896-0240 for assistance). To sign up using your phone, send a text message to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the message type SIGN UP and then send your message. Shoutbomb will reply asking for your barcode, PIN and then your email addess. An email address is optional, so if you don't want to supply it type NONE.
T-Mobile users must add email@example.com as a contact to your phone's address book. When prompted to reply to a Shoutbomb automated message please use your phone's saved contact instead.